Monday, July 12, 2010

Bucket List assignment

This weeks assignment was the bucket list. I still do not have all 100 lines filled in. (I don't even have the first 50 filled in.) I don't know what I am going to write. It's not that I don't plan to do anything fun in my lifetime or that I don't have any dreams. Right now my life is consumed with school and work and I struggle to fit running in there. I figure that I just don't know yet what all the cool things are that I am going to do during the rest of my life. My kids are grown and as soon as I am done with school in December, 2012 I will get started with the rest of my life right away!!!
The first thing I wrote was that I want to do an Ironman triathlon someday. I don't know why but I figure that if I have run marathons and I've done smaller triathlons I should be able to work up to and complete an Ironman someday!!
Some of the other things I've written on the list:
*Fly with my Dad a few more times while he still has a pilots license (he's 72 and still going strong and still passes all tests!)
*go on a cruise (never have, always wanted to)
*collect all the special state quarters
*Climb Half Dome
Places to visit: Mount Rushmore, Florida Keys, Australia
Running related: qualify for Boston Marathon, Chicago marathon, Disney Goofy Challenge, Disney Princess weekend

Those are a few of the things I've written.
There are many things I have on my mind to pursue after I graduate from college. I wish these next two years would be gone already so that I can get on with it!!!
Lorenda

4 comments:

  1. I was intrigued by the wish to fly with your father. That could be a very interesting paper to write. Perhaps you could include destinations that you would like to go with him.

    Good luck with whatever you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he's just a private pilot and has a small plane. He doesn't fly for an airline or anything like that. When I was a kid we would leave at 6am and fly to Mackinac Island and then back home before dark. We did that a few times each summer. My parents retired to the Upper Peninsula and that is where is his plane is based now. I might want to fly to Copper Harbor which is on the opposite side of the UP as where they live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble with the bucket list thing at first too and it took me until the last minute to really finish it! Have you been a runner all your life? My sister and I want to train to run in a 10k to promote awareness for organ donation and fundraise of course! I'm not sure how this is going to go since I've never done anything like this before, but hey it was on my bucket list so I'm winging it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I ran track & cross country in high school and college. (college the first time after high school) I didn't run for many years then started up again when I was 41. I've since run many 5Ks and 10Ks, some 25Ks a bunch of half marathons and 5 marathons.
    A 10K is very doable with a few months of training.

    ReplyDelete